Wednesday, March 4, 2009

ins and outs of using a gps device...

well, I'd have to say that learning to use the GPS device was certainly an experience. Although I had previously used a Garmin Gps device, it was a newer model with a much simpler way of converting tracks to the computer. However for this exercise I used an older model which presented me with a couple of problems. First, it had problems getting reception and when it did my accuracy was off to the tune of about 52-70feet. I think this may have been due to the heavy could cover from the crazy rain storms that happened on Monday night when I was doing my actual tracks and waypoints. The second problem was the computer interface, which took forever to finally figure out because of the VGA port. It worked in the end, however my data was severely off. It did have a few of the waypoints, however they were in some weird land mass.

No comments:

Post a Comment